Saturday, December 20, 2014

How did writing a blog become aversive?

As you know I haven't written in awhile. I was going to write more posts to increase my fluency in ABA terms/procedures as well as a stress management system. When time came to take the BCBA exam (yes I actually pushed myself to take a scary 4-hour test) I could not bring myself to write about it. I was asked over and over by coworkers, family and friends "How did you think you did?" 

I appreciated all of their concern and well wishes but the fact of the matter is I have no idea how I did and I have been a ball of nerves since August. Taking that test not only gets me certified in my dream field but it also changes my work into a career. Something that I was dreaming of for the longest time now all of a sudden I feel anxious and scared. Going from a Behavior Therapist to a BCBA is a huge change- becoming a supervisor, writing IEP goals, conducting FBA's, etc. All of these new components to a job that I may be horrible at are closer than I thought. What if I don't do the obvious choice first for a student? How will I handle training multiple staff? How will I react to a difficult case or parent? 

All of these "what if" questions have been running through my mind and I couldn't shake them. Now that this coming week I will most likely get my results for the test my stress has become more intense. 

Now that being said I will deal with my issues and begin writing again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment